- Publish Date: Aug 9, 2010
Wine On a Stick
Cap off summer with Sauvignon Blancsicles.
Can you turn wine into a popsicle? A profound question, this isn't. But with summer temperatures spiking across the country, team Daily Sip couldn't help but wonder if it's possible that wine is a drink best served extremely cold.
Winesicles, it turns out, are shockingly delicious. Here's how to make four of them:
• Any wine of your choosing (4 oz.); we used Yellow Tail
• Orangina (4 oz.)
• Pineapple juice (4 oz.)
• Juice of one lime
• Juice of one lemon
• Kit for making 3 oz. popsicles (readily available at Bed Bath & Beyond or Target)
1. Pour the wine, Orangina and pineapple juice into a measuring cup.
2. Squeeze in lemon and lime juice to your taste. Mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into your popsicle molds. Place in the freezer until solid.
While it may be tempting to add more than 1 oz. of wine to each winesicle, they may not freeze completely if you do. Personally, we preferred the Sauvignon Blancsicles to the Merlotsicles, but both had a fun, distinctive taste.
Bottom line, Yellow Tail has never tasted so good!
Give the recipe a shot. Better yet, share some of your other favorite uses for wine in desserts.