Sign up for the Daily Sip

Your daily dose of wine knowledge.
Fun, short emails featuring wines, winemakers, regions, gadgets and more.


Email Address
Wine > Italy > Trentino-Alto Adige > Alto Adige > Tiefenbrunner, Sauvignon Blanc "Kirchleiten" - 2009

Tiefenbrunner, Sauvignon Blanc "Kirchleiten" - 2009(SL-A6098)

Tiefenbrunner,  Sauvignon Blanc

Winery Story

Founded in 1848, the Tiefenbrunner winery is located in Entiklar in the province of Bolzano. The owners Herbert and Christof Tiefenbrunner, ... (more...)the dynamic father and son team, produce around 750,000 bottles per year, 70% of which are white wines with the remaining 30% red. The preservation of the character of the grape varieties, and the high quality of the grapes themselves, remains the basic principle of the work in the vineyards and cellars.

Tasting Note

You will find, here, aromas of citrus (like grapefruit).Fairly full-bodied with tons of fruit. Balanced and quite focused with good mineralt... (more...)y. The finish is long and fine. Delicious.“The 2009 Tiefenbrunner Sauvignon Blanc from Alto Adige was the unanimous favorite, a stunningly minerally wine with a firm acidity and a beautifully floral nose. It had layers of flavor and is clearly a wine that would only improve.”Wall Street Tasting Panel (21 Aug. 2010)— screw cap

Print this page

$31.95
$26.95each
Each bottle of wine purchased on Bottlenotes is fulfilled by an in-state, licensed retailer.

Quantity:

Upcoming Events

When was the first time Hispanic Heritage Month was celebrated in this country?

Answer

Featured Video